The Iowa STEM Scale-Up Program was launched as a way to meet the Governor's STEM Advisory Council's top priority: Increasing student interest and achievement in STEM across the state.
The Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council will begin accepting applications from educators for the 2023-24 STEM Scale-Up Program menu on January 9, 2023. PreK-12 public and private schools, afterschool programs and other educational organizations are encouraged to apply for the programs to be implemented during the 2023-2024 academic year.
January 9, 2023 - Application opens
February 28, 2023 - Deadline to apply for a Scale-Up program
April 2023 - Award recipients will be announced
With the top priority of boosting student interest and achievement in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), the Governor's STEM Advisory Council has approved 13 high-quality STEM education programs for 2023-24.
- Daily Math Fluency Centers
- Discover Drones
- Iowa Leadership in Engineering Design
- Positive Physics and Chemistry
- Python for the BBC micro:bit
- STEM Cart: K-12+Schoolwide STEM Solution
- STEM Innovator
- Storytime STEM-packs: STEM + Computer Science
- Tiny Techies
- WaterWorks: Engineering and Investigating the Properties of Water
To receive the newsletter from the Northeast Region of the Iowa Governor's STEM Advisory Council, please visit the following link.
Past Scale-Up Program Awardees