The Iowa STEM Scale-Up Program was launched as a way to meet the Governor's STEM Advisory Council's top priority: Increasing student interest and achievement in STEM across the state.
The Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council will begin accepting applications from educators for the 2023-24 STEM Scale-Up Program menu on January 9, 2023. PreK-12 public and private schools, afterschool programs and other educational organizations are encouraged to apply for the programs to be implemented during the 2023-2024 academic year.
January 9, 2023 - Application opened
February 28, 2023 - Deadline to apply for a Scale-Up program
April 7, 2023 - Award recipients were announced
With the top priority of boosting student interest and achievement in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), the Governor's STEM Advisory Council has approved 13 high-quality STEM education programs for 2023-24.
- Daily Math Fluency Centers
- Discover Drones
- Iowa Leadership in Engineering Design
- Positive Physics and Chemistry
- Python for the BBC micro:bit
- STEM Cart: K-12+Schoolwide STEM Solution
- STEM Innovator
- Storytime STEM-packs: STEM + Computer Science
- Tiny Techies
- WaterWorks: Engineering and Investigating the Properties of Water
To receive the newsletter from the Northeast Region of the Iowa Governor's STEM Advisory Council, please visit the following link.
Past Scale-Up Program Awardees