The Northeast Iowa Family STEM Festival was on Thursday, April 13 from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the Center for the Arts, Luther College in Decorah.
The festival was free and open to the public. Over 25 exhibits from the area presented hands-on STEM activities for kids and their families. Attendees could drive robots, conduct amazing science experiments, and much more! The goals of the STEM festival were to promote, inspire and engage youth in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics activities and to introduce children and parents to STEM careers.
Thank you to our exhibitors:
- Northeast Iowa Community College
- Rockwell Collins
- ISU Extension & Outreach 4-H
- Northeast Iowa Governor's STEM Advisory Council
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- Wartburg College NSTA
- Postville Jr. High Science
- Luther College Visual & Performing Arts Department
- Keystone Area Education Agency
- National Driving Simulator
- Girl Scouts Of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois
- Winneshiek County Conservation
- Green Iowa Americorps
- Luther Collge
- Luther College Campus Chapter of the National Science Teachers Association
- Winneshiek County Sheriff's Office
- Toy Jungle at Donlon Pharmacy
- Iowa Public Television
- University of Northern Iowa STEM
- Great Midwestern Educational Theatre Co
The Northeast Iowa Family STEM Festival is a community-wide partnership led by Northeast Region of the Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council at the University of Northern Iowa, Luther College, Northeast Iowa Community College, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, IowaWorks, Keystone AEA, Northeast Iowa Business Network, Upper Exploreland Regional Planning Commission, and Winneshiek County Economic Development.